Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery

Hi all, I bought a new MacBook Pro 16inch around 5 months ago. Since then I've had only 49 charges, and recently with the lockdown its been plugged in for 98% of the time. Recently I've checked my battery capacity with three different apps and all three indicates that my battery health is at 85% packing in a maximum of 7500+ instead of the usual 8400+, the capacity is 8700+. However, indications with the option click on battery icon shows my battery health as Normal. Is this something I should be worried about?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 1, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 9:22 AM

dttw3535 wrote:

Hi all, I bought a new MacBook Pro 16inch around 5 months ago. Since then I've had only 49 charges, and recently with the lockdown its been plugged in for 98% of the time. Recently I've checked my battery capacity with three different apps and all three indicates that my battery health is at 85% packing in a maximum of 7500+ instead of the usual 8400+, the capacity is 8700+. However, indications with the option click on battery icon shows my battery health as Normal. Is this something I should be worried about?

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

then test

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 9:22 AM in response to dttw3535

dttw3535 wrote:

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

then test

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.