Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing escape key on touch bar

I'm using a MacBook Pro 13". Normally there is an escape key on the left of the touch bar at all times except when an app's functions cover it (only the type that have arrows). Recently the escape button has disappeared completely even for apps that I previously used it for a lot (e.g. minimising a video on chrome). The only ways I can find to even have an escape key are inconvenient for me. 1 replace capslock or 2 constantly have the touch bar expanded and not have any app-based features.

If anyone knows what happened to it (e.g. I accidentally changed a setting or apple did an update that removes it) and how to get it back to normal it would be much appreciated if they could enlighten me on this knowledge.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 1, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 10:16 AM

T_I_A_D wrote:

I'm using a MacBook Pro 13". Normally there is an escape key on the left of the touch bar at all times except when an app's functions cover it (only the type that have arrows). Recently the escape button has disappeared completely even for apps that I previously used it for a lot (e.g. minimising a video on chrome). The only ways I can find to even have an escape key are inconvenient for me. 1 replace capslock or 2 constantly have the touch bar expanded and not have any app-based features.
If anyone knows what happened to it (e.g. I accidentally changed a setting or apple did an update that removes it) and how to get it back to normal it would be much appreciated if they could enlighten me on this knowledge.

Sometimes tools in the Touch Bar temporarily cover the Esc button:

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

How to use the Escape button on your MacBook Pro with ...

if no resolve Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 10:16 AM in response to T_I_A_D

T_I_A_D wrote:

Sometimes tools in the Touch Bar temporarily cover the Esc button:

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

How to use the Escape button on your MacBook Pro with ...

if no resolve Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

missing escape key on touch bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.