Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Photos synced from Finder will be removed"

For a while, my phone was not syncing with iCloud. Now when I go to iOS prefs and turn it on, it warns me that "Photos Synced from Finder will be Removed". Syncing photos via Finder is not supported with iCloud Photos is turned on. 177 photos will be removed."

Obviously, I would like not to lose 177 photos. What does this warning refer to? What exactly is "syncing from Finder"? and what photos am I likely to lose?

iPhone XS

Posted on May 1, 2020 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 10:31 AM

Those would be photos that you previously synced to the phone from a computer (either using Finder on a Mac or iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer). The photos should still be on the computer and you can get them back to the phone after you turn on iCloud Photos by using an internet browser on the computer and manually uploading them to the Photos app at iCloud,com. Also see: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 10:31 AM in response to jshuler

Those would be photos that you previously synced to the phone from a computer (either using Finder on a Mac or iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer). The photos should still be on the computer and you can get them back to the phone after you turn on iCloud Photos by using an internet browser on the computer and manually uploading them to the Photos app at iCloud,com. Also see: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

"Photos synced from Finder will be removed"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.