Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sms send issues in text

I'm having issues with sending to non-iPhones using SMS. Often times it is more frequent with trying to send pictures and attachments, which was not the case several months ago with the same phones and same macbook pro summer 2015. It seemed to start when I updated the MacBook but it could have been with one of the iPhone updates. Is anyone else having this issue? It happens on all my devices, not just the iPhones. The Mac, the iPhones, the iPad Pro...

If someone texts me from a non-iPhone, I can respond back to them. However, I cannot initiate a new text to someone without an iPhone. I have every piece of equipment set up properly. Please advise. Thank you.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:27 PM

Jsessler wrote:

I'm having issues with sending to non-iPhones using SMS. Often times it is more frequent with trying to send pictures and attachments

That's not SMS, it's MMS. There is a difference.

If you're having problems with SMS / MMS messaging, contact your cellular carrier.

MMS messages require cellular data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 1:27 PM in response to Jsessler

Jsessler wrote:

I'm having issues with sending to non-iPhones using SMS. Often times it is more frequent with trying to send pictures and attachments

That's not SMS, it's MMS. There is a difference.

If you're having problems with SMS / MMS messaging, contact your cellular carrier.

MMS messages require cellular data.

sms send issues in text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.