Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote app won’t connect to Apple TV

For some time now, my iPhone 8 will not connect to my Apple TV 4th gen. Both are on the same WiFi network, are paired, used to work together, but now won’t.

When I start the remote app, I see the “Connect to TV” on top. My Apple TV shows up on that list. No matter how many times I tap to connect, they won’t.

Bluetooth is on; AirPlay works fine.

I’m stumped!

With thanks in advance,

George

iPhone 8

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Try Restarting your Apple TV First - Open Settings on your Apple TV ➔ General ➔ ReStart. OR Just unplug your Apple TV and plug it back in to power again. If that does not work then -

How about deleting that Apple TV from the Remote app and then adding it back again?

If you want to try that then-

To delete the Apple TV

Open the Remote app ➔ Devices ➔ Edit ➔ Red Minus Sign and then delete the Apple TV listed

To add the Apple TV back again

Open Remote app ➔ Tap on the Add Apple TV Button ➔ Tap on an Apple TV with which you'd like to pair the Remote app ➔ Enter the pairing code displayed on your Apple TV.

Hope that helps.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 3:12 PM in response to ggarner76

Try Restarting your Apple TV First - Open Settings on your Apple TV ➔ General ➔ ReStart. OR Just unplug your Apple TV and plug it back in to power again. If that does not work then -

How about deleting that Apple TV from the Remote app and then adding it back again?

If you want to try that then-

To delete the Apple TV

Open the Remote app ➔ Devices ➔ Edit ➔ Red Minus Sign and then delete the Apple TV listed

To add the Apple TV back again

Open Remote app ➔ Tap on the Add Apple TV Button ➔ Tap on an Apple TV with which you'd like to pair the Remote app ➔ Enter the pairing code displayed on your Apple TV.

Hope that helps.

Axel F.

Remote app won’t connect to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.