Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe or HTML5

Several times per day, every day for the last 3 - 4 weeks, I am being prompted to download Adobe Flash. I don't think I need it. But it is really annoying! Is there a way to block all these attempts to get me to down load?

Next question. Is HTML5 included in OS Catalina? If not, do I need it? If so, what is a safe site in which to download HTML5? Ad what exactly is it anyway?

Thanks.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 1, 2020 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 8:04 PM

I really don't know what websites are prompting it. I was on COX chatting about an email outage and it popped up. Reading The NY Times, WASH Post, Yahoo news, Faithwire News, Christian Times, Breitbart, and lots of other news sites and it just seems like a random thing. Very annoying. I will pay more attention the next time it pops up.

I appreciate your taking the time to answer me.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 8:04 PM in response to Barney-15E

I really don't know what websites are prompting it. I was on COX chatting about an email outage and it popped up. Reading The NY Times, WASH Post, Yahoo news, Faithwire News, Christian Times, Breitbart, and lots of other news sites and it just seems like a random thing. Very annoying. I will pay more attention the next time it pops up.

I appreciate your taking the time to answer me.

May 1, 2020 8:08 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Very frustrating to have it pop up at random. I don't have flash loaded. The sites I visit have never needed it that I am aware of. Mostly political news and religious news sites and a couple of BBQ/Smoked meat forums. Very annoying. Thanks. I don't plan on downloading flash. It just gets on my nerves. Thanks again.

May 1, 2020 8:11 PM in response to dcrb

You might have installed adware which is causing the popups. However, I don't know that I can remember that being a symptom of any adware.

EtreCheck might be able to identify the adware and remove it.

If it doesn't find any, you can post the report here and we might be able to see something that might be causing it.

Use the Share Report button to copy the report, then paste it into the Additional Text area, here (document icon).

Adobe or HTML5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.