Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie on MacBook -- Unwanted Audio Fade-in

Novice iMovie user on 10.2.1. I have a premixed audio track that's all in one piece, and it starts at full volume. When I align the start of audio with the first frame of picture, there's a short audio fade-in which seems to be some sort of "automatic feature." How can I make this fade-in go away?

MacBook

Posted on May 2, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 9:10 AM

Hi, ankpin,

First, expand your timeline full out by using the slider at the right of your screen, next to the Settings button above the timeline. Then click on the Settings button and put a checkmark in the "show waveforms" box. On your sound clip, make sure that the fade handle in the upper left corner of the clip is not engaged to cause a fade. If it is engaged, slide it back to the edge of the clip and that will cure your problem.

If the fade handle is not engaged, then select the audio clip and, while pressing the "r" key on your keyboard and pressing down on the track pad, drag a yellow box to outline the fade-in area. Then with your cursor push upward the horizontal volume line to eliminate the fade in the outlined portion. See if that works.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 9:10 AM in response to ankpin

Hi, ankpin,

First, expand your timeline full out by using the slider at the right of your screen, next to the Settings button above the timeline. Then click on the Settings button and put a checkmark in the "show waveforms" box. On your sound clip, make sure that the fade handle in the upper left corner of the clip is not engaged to cause a fade. If it is engaged, slide it back to the edge of the clip and that will cure your problem.

If the fade handle is not engaged, then select the audio clip and, while pressing the "r" key on your keyboard and pressing down on the track pad, drag a yellow box to outline the fade-in area. Then with your cursor push upward the horizontal volume line to eliminate the fade in the outlined portion. See if that works.

-- Rich

iMovie on MacBook -- Unwanted Audio Fade-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.