Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow wifi

I have an Iphone 11 and for some reason the WiFi runs slow on it.

I've tried resetting the WIFI settings and the phone but nothing seems to work.

I know it's not the router since all my other devices that I ran wifi speed tests on are doing great. I even changed the DSN on the networks to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

What can I do???

iPhone 11

Posted on May 2, 2020 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 8:29 PM

AndreasAchillesR Said:

"slow wifi: I have an Iphone 11 and for some reason the WiFi runs slow on it.[...]"

-------

Temporary Internet Files:

What happens when you clear the Temporary Internet Files from Safari? To find out how to do so, go here: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 8:29 PM in response to AndreasAchillesR

AndreasAchillesR Said:

"slow wifi: I have an Iphone 11 and for some reason the WiFi runs slow on it.[...]"

-------

Temporary Internet Files:

What happens when you clear the Temporary Internet Files from Safari? To find out how to do so, go here: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad - Apple Support

May 2, 2020 8:35 PM in response to AndreasAchillesR

By "slow wifi" you are actually referring to accessing sites on the Internet, you may need to take into consideration the increase in demand being caused by the current worldwide pandemic. This increase it a result of more folks working from home or students accessing their classes online, or simply more people streaming movies.

FWIW, I use a "graphical" traceroute app that can easily identify where the bottleneck is between my computer and the website I'm trying to access. In the majority of. cases, the issue is somewhere between my ISP and the website host ... which there is very little you can do to remedy it.

slow wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.