Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assigning Smart Control parameters to midi controller.

Using the Automatic Smart Controls inspector window, I'm seeking to assign parameters to these extremely dirty knobs on my Nord Electro 2.

The hope: For The bottom three knobs to control the volume for three tracks: Piano, Strings and something else, and the top knobs to control other parameters for the track in the same column. I'm successfully assigning each of these parameters but they're not sticking. I assign the first column parameters to piano and they work great I select the String track and successfully assign the parameters to column 2.

When I select the string track, I would expect that the first column knobs would still be controlling the piano track, but they do nothing. When I select the piano track, the second column knobs control the piano (and no longer the strings) and the first column knobs that were originally assigned to the piano tracks do nothing. My assumption would be that the assigned knobs would work for what they were assigned to regardless of which track was selected.

And FWIW, when I try to hide the other tracks, all it does is deselect them. They do not hide.

New at this so any help'd be appreciated. Thanks much.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 2, 2020 8:54 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Assigning Smart Control parameters to midi controller.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.