Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download the additional components needed to install MacBook Pro

Hi group.

My father recently asked me to reformat his Macbook Pro laptop to give it to my daughter and i erased all the data and now when i press Command+R and go to the "Reinstal MacOS X" option, it shows me an error message and it says this: "Can't download the additional components needed to install MacBook Pro".

I have tried downloading an update and something else on a CD and tried loading it by pressing the OPTION key but it always leads me to the same place which is the "Reinstal MacOS X" option.

I do not have more than 4.7GB external storage so dont tell me to do the impossible please, also i do not have any money to get someone else to fix it. And even if he did he wouldn't tell me what the secret was to get it fixed.

By the way that computer's version is Mac OS Lion X.

Please i need someone intelligent who has been through it or someone that knows how to deal with this problem or Mac PCs to tell me what to do as i have been trying to fix that PC for hours in 2 days and got no results.

Cheers.

Posted on May 3, 2020 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:03 PM

Hello,

You will need to prepare a macOS installation disk using another Macintosh.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't download the additional components needed to install MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.