Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV trial

Ive just signed up for the Apple TV free trial but I can’t seem download the Apple TV on my Samsung smart TV.

Apple appears to be virtually the only media provider without an App. Can anyone advise how I can watch Apple TV (other than on my iphone which I do not want to do)? Thanks.

Feedback to Apple - what’s the point of providing Apple TV if you make it so difficult to watch? Why would I pay for it when there are so many other convenient media providers such as Prime, Sky and Netflicks at my finger tips?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 3, 2020 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 12:58 PM

The Apple TV app is available for some select newer models Samsung TV. Unlisted models wouldn’t have the Apple TV app available.

Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

If your model TV doesn’t qualify, and you still want the Apple TV app for your TV, then you can use one of the HDMI connected streaming devices that support the app (Apple TV box, Roku, Fire TV). Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 12:58 PM in response to ESerg

The Apple TV app is available for some select newer models Samsung TV. Unlisted models wouldn’t have the Apple TV app available.

Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

If your model TV doesn’t qualify, and you still want the Apple TV app for your TV, then you can use one of the HDMI connected streaming devices that support the app (Apple TV box, Roku, Fire TV). Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

May 3, 2020 1:26 PM in response to ESerg

Apple does have an app available. Once released it is up to the manufacturer to decide which models they support. Samsung currently supports the following models.

• Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series (2019, 2020)2
  • Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series (2018, 2019, 2020)2
  • Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)2
  • Samsung FHD/HD 5,4 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)2 3
  • Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)2
  • Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019, 2020)2 3
  • Samsung The Sero Series (2019, 2020)2 3

FYI: This is a user forum so you are not addressing Apple nor will they be reading this. If you want to give feedback it should be directed to Samsung.

Apple TV trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.