Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iPhone X in water and it didn't turn back on

I there is a hardware problem with my iPhone x because it was dropped in water that was one foot deep for less than 5 secs. After it was dried and put in rice just for extra precaution, it didn't turn back on, it also has no cracks or scratches on it. This then led me to believe that my iPhone was given to me defective and I've had it for less than 2 years. I have read that there was some 5 year like protective rule for trade ins and since I had a defective phone for less than 5 years I should be eligible. The screen would have ghost touch and I've spent 1,000 on this phone and I demand either a new one or a newer phone of my choice under 1000 and then the rest in apple credit I am very upset and I expect compensation.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:55 PM

This is a user-to-user technical support site, Apple executives aren't here and I'm certainly not going to give you an iPhone no matter how much you demand it. Your iPhone was not defective, the iPhone is water resistant, not waterproof, and it loses some resistance over time. Apple does not provide warranty coverage of water damaged phones. Everything you heard is pure rubbish.

You can click on the Contact Support link and do an out-of-warranty replacement of your iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 9:55 PM in response to khadijaba

This is a user-to-user technical support site, Apple executives aren't here and I'm certainly not going to give you an iPhone no matter how much you demand it. Your iPhone was not defective, the iPhone is water resistant, not waterproof, and it loses some resistance over time. Apple does not provide warranty coverage of water damaged phones. Everything you heard is pure rubbish.

You can click on the Contact Support link and do an out-of-warranty replacement of your iPhone.

I dropped my iPhone X in water and it didn't turn back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.