Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch S4 calendar sync showing phantom entries

My S4 watch is showing calendar entries not showing in any of my synced calendars. I recognise these as old repeating calendar activities from an old calendar I stopped using 3 years ago.

I'm using Exchange online (O365) calendars only.

I've checked ALL my calendars - searching for these entries return no results.

I've tried to reset sync data on Watch App on phone several times.

I've reset the Watch to factory and restored without success.

Inaccurate calendar entries on the watch seemingly defeats its primary purpose.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 1:07 PM

Hello davidlight,

Thanks for posting. Using Calendar is a great function of the Apple Watch. I understand you see events on your Apple Watch that are repeating/recurring, and are from a calendar you no longer use.

You mentioned you're using Exchange calendars only. Was this calendar part of the same Exchange account you're currently using? If not, is the account used with the old calendar still listed under Settings > Passwords & Accounts?

Your Apple Watch pulls Calendar information from your iPhone; you're not seeing these events anywhere on your iPhone, correct?

Also, you should be able to select the calendars you want to sync; when you try the path below, do you see the older calendar as an option? Check and update your calendar on Apple Watch

"Adjust calendar settings

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap Calendar."

I hope that helps. Have a good one.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 1:07 PM in response to davidlight

Hello davidlight,

Thanks for posting. Using Calendar is a great function of the Apple Watch. I understand you see events on your Apple Watch that are repeating/recurring, and are from a calendar you no longer use.

You mentioned you're using Exchange calendars only. Was this calendar part of the same Exchange account you're currently using? If not, is the account used with the old calendar still listed under Settings > Passwords & Accounts?

Your Apple Watch pulls Calendar information from your iPhone; you're not seeing these events anywhere on your iPhone, correct?

Also, you should be able to select the calendars you want to sync; when you try the path below, do you see the older calendar as an option? Check and update your calendar on Apple Watch

"Adjust calendar settings

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap Calendar."

I hope that helps. Have a good one.

May 5, 2020 6:53 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden DV

To reply to your questions above:

The two 'phantom' calendar entries were from a previous exchange calendar that I synced on my phone and watch before, but not at present. This calendar (actually the entire Exchange account) is no longer on any of my devices.

These entries are not in my new Exchange calendar.

These entries did not appear on the calendar on my Mac, iPhone or iPad, but mysteriously on my watch.

I have repeatedly 'Reset the Sync Data' using the Watch app on my iPhone without success.

BUT...

I somehow managed to fix this coincidentally. Reading your message above I tried turning each calendar off, reset the watch sync data, and then checked for the phantom entries. I found the culprit! Under the available calendar options to sync to the watch is a 'Siri Suggestions' calendar. Turned this off, and the entries had disappeared.

So it seems Siri picked this up from an email message or something through the mail app on my iPhone, and synced this to the watch. Mysteriously this doesn't appear on the phone 'Siri Suggestions' calendar.

Bizarre, but resolved. I hope this remedy can help someone else with the same issue using old and new Exchange calendars.

Apple Watch S4 calendar sync showing phantom entries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.