Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie exports vs imovie projects

I am posting my imovies to youtube. To do that, I "share" the imovie file onto my desktop then upload it to youtube. Once I've exported my imovie project "film", is it safe to delete the imovie project "film", or does that cripple the movie version that appears on my desktop?

Thank you

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 4, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 10:07 AM

Deleting a still editible iMovie 10 project will have no effect on any video file that was previously exported from the project. The exported movie is an independent standalone. However, if you delete the project you won't be able to go back and make editing changes or export more videos from it with different settings in the event that you want to use the movie for different purposes.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 10:07 AM in response to bernice73

Deleting a still editible iMovie 10 project will have no effect on any video file that was previously exported from the project. The exported movie is an independent standalone. However, if you delete the project you won't be able to go back and make editing changes or export more videos from it with different settings in the event that you want to use the movie for different purposes.

-- Rich

Imovie exports vs imovie projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.