Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BIG problem with Time Machine backup

Hello,

I have a problem with Time Machine backup. I connect the 1TB external hard drive to back up about 300GB. Time machine starts but when it reaches 300 GB, it doesn't stop and continues until all the disk space is full. Once the space is full, an error message appears saying that it is not possible to do backup because the space is full. The operating system installed is Catalina 10.15.4.

I tried the same disk with another MacBook and I haven't problem.

Thank you

Posted on May 4, 2020 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 8:17 AM

I changed external hard disk and finally I did backup.

I also called Apple support and told me it could be a conflict with Spotlight that sending information while the Time Machine is running. He recommended this procedure: go to System Preferences >Spotlight> Privacy. Then I added the Mac hard disk with the + button and then I removed it (with - button). This procedute should be do new index.

Thank you for your help

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 8:17 AM in response to macjack

I changed external hard disk and finally I did backup.

I also called Apple support and told me it could be a conflict with Spotlight that sending information while the Time Machine is running. He recommended this procedure: go to System Preferences >Spotlight> Privacy. Then I added the Mac hard disk with the + button and then I removed it (with - button). This procedute should be do new index.

Thank you for your help

BIG problem with Time Machine backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.