Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Catalina Notes App

In the left column there is a folder for "All iCloud" and "Notes". THe All iCloud folder has many more items than the Notes folder. All the items in the All iCloud folder are also in the Notes folder. Can I just delete the Notes folder since the All iCloud folder has all the same items ands a lot more?

Background - I am going to try and migrate all my notes from Evernote and I want to make sure I have everything set up correctly in the Mac Notes app. Thanks in advance.

Posted on May 4, 2020 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 2:42 PM

The main folder is the one called Notes. You can create additional folders with names you choose, and move notes into them. "All iCloud" isn't a folder, but an aggregate view of all notes in all folders. If you delete a note from Notes or another folder, it'll disappear from All iCloud—and vice versa.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 2:42 PM in response to markcamp52

The main folder is the one called Notes. You can create additional folders with names you choose, and move notes into them. "All iCloud" isn't a folder, but an aggregate view of all notes in all folders. If you delete a note from Notes or another folder, it'll disappear from All iCloud—and vice versa.

Mac OS Catalina Notes App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.