Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 Stand Function Stopped Working

My new Apple Watch Series 3 has been wonderful thus far. I’ve worn it for two weeks and closed all of my activity circles every day. The activity circle won’t show any progress for the last 4 hours or so. In that time I’ve walked for over 40 minutes and stood for longer than that, none of which my activity tracker will record at all. I’ve checked that my wrist detection is on, my settings show that I’m not in a wheelchair, and I’ve restarted both my phone and the watch. Nothing I’ve tried from searching on this forum has worked for me and I’m getting frustrated.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on May 4, 2020 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 8:05 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

The next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If none of that helps, then use the Contact support link at the upper right corner of the page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 8:05 PM in response to rwgrayIII

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

The next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If none of that helps, then use the Contact support link at the upper right corner of the page.

Apple Watch Series 3 Stand Function Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.