Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ordering a product

Hello! I hope that all of you are doing well in these very confusing times.

I made an order for a MacBook Air i3, 8gb - the base model on the 3rd of May (yes, I know that it was two days ago) and it says that it will deliver on the 28th of May. Now, I understand that there might be a longer waiting time during this pandemic but I have read on other posts that this has been a recurring "issue". Do you know where my MacBook will ship from? I live in Sweden, so is there some kind of warehouse in Europe or do they ship straight from the factory in China, and when can I expect my order to start its journey to the cold norths of Europe? Thanks in advance for any answer and I hope that you'll stay safe. Much love to the Apple-community and to anyone reading this.

Alex

MacBook

Posted on May 5, 2020 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 3:09 AM

You are correct, the shipping of Apple products, indeed most products, is definitely slower than normal. There are a couple factors: your Mac is a new model, meaning the factory may not be able to keep up with the demand for a new product. The shipping companies used by Apple are being utilized to ship medical and other supplies around the world, as we all deal with the health crisis.

When your Mac is ready to ship, you will receive an email from Apple stating the anticipated delivery time and tracking information.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 3:09 AM in response to ScandinavianA

You are correct, the shipping of Apple products, indeed most products, is definitely slower than normal. There are a couple factors: your Mac is a new model, meaning the factory may not be able to keep up with the demand for a new product. The shipping companies used by Apple are being utilized to ship medical and other supplies around the world, as we all deal with the health crisis.

When your Mac is ready to ship, you will receive an email from Apple stating the anticipated delivery time and tracking information.

May 5, 2020 5:11 AM in response to ScandinavianA

You’re welcome.

Sorry, I wouldn’t have a definite answer to a time frame, but a May 28th delivery is easily achievable. If you live in a larger city/town where courier service is available and frequent, the times from shipping to delivery could be as short as 2-3 days.

Some posts here suggest the initial delivery estimate does improve to an earlier date when the item does ship.

Ordering a product

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.