Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect Yamaha Bluetooth soundbar

Hi,

I have problem in connecting my iPhone X to my Yamaha Yas108 sound bar. Previously before firmware upgrade I as able to connect but after firmware upgrade I was not able to connect. Same goes to my ipad and my son iPhone XR.

My current firmware is 13.4.1

Please advise. Thank you.

Posted on May 5, 2020 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 6:28 AM

I had one Yamaha BT soundbar some years ago. My memory is not so good, but to re-pair it I remember that I had to:

Forget that device on my iPhone, then turn off BT (on iPhone).

Restart soundbar completely.

Turn on BT on the soundbar's remote control (perhaps a green LED appeared) and that was its discovery mode.

Then turn back on BT on my iPhone, I had to input a PIN code (usually 0000).

Did you perform that (or similar) procedure to re-pair it?

As already suggested, I think you should contact Yamaha support for that.

I do not think it's a problem related to your iPhone, since you told me that even your iPad or your son's iPhone can't connect to that device.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 6:28 AM in response to Usher72

I had one Yamaha BT soundbar some years ago. My memory is not so good, but to re-pair it I remember that I had to:

Forget that device on my iPhone, then turn off BT (on iPhone).

Restart soundbar completely.

Turn on BT on the soundbar's remote control (perhaps a green LED appeared) and that was its discovery mode.

Then turn back on BT on my iPhone, I had to input a PIN code (usually 0000).

Did you perform that (or similar) procedure to re-pair it?

As already suggested, I think you should contact Yamaha support for that.

I do not think it's a problem related to your iPhone, since you told me that even your iPad or your son's iPhone can't connect to that device.

Regards

Giulio

Unable to connect Yamaha Bluetooth soundbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.