Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Macbook due to a process shown in activity monitor

This process shown in activity monitor consumes a lot of memory in a few seconds and slows down my macbook, what can I do?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on May 5, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 10:04 AM

First , with only 4GB RAM you do not have the resources to run Google Chrome. Add up how much Memory Chrome and its minions are using in that screenshot alone. It is too much. Chrome is a know resource hog on both Macs and Windows computers.

Here is the story on "Folder Actions Dispatcher" and how to deal with it:

https://www.macissues.com/2015/01/30/fix-folder-actions-dispatcher-using-high-cpu-in-yosemite/

However, before doing anything, I would restart the computer. The fact that you 3GB swaps for only 4GB RAM suggests to me the computer has not been restarted in weeks or months. With low installed RAM, think about restating the computer once a week. That clears out a lot of junk and cleans some caches and log files.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 10:04 AM in response to Carolina_12

First , with only 4GB RAM you do not have the resources to run Google Chrome. Add up how much Memory Chrome and its minions are using in that screenshot alone. It is too much. Chrome is a know resource hog on both Macs and Windows computers.

Here is the story on "Folder Actions Dispatcher" and how to deal with it:

https://www.macissues.com/2015/01/30/fix-folder-actions-dispatcher-using-high-cpu-in-yosemite/

However, before doing anything, I would restart the computer. The fact that you 3GB swaps for only 4GB RAM suggests to me the computer has not been restarted in weeks or months. With low installed RAM, think about restating the computer once a week. That clears out a lot of junk and cleans some caches and log files.

Slow Macbook due to a process shown in activity monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.