Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing LaunchDaemons directory from terminal and deleting Alipaydispatcherservice (MacOS Mojave)

I have a daemon from Activity Monitor called AlipayDispatcherService. When I stop it from Activity Monitor it resurrects immediately. I went to terminal to find /Library/LaunchDaemons/ directory but it says it doesn't exist.

Then I go to Finder, and can find it in Finder’s Library/LaunchDaemons folder.

In that folder was a listing of AlipayDispatcherService, which I deleted from LaunchDaemons folder from Finder.

However, AlipayDispatcherService still resurrects when I go back to Activity Monitor to delete it.

How can I

1) Access ~/Library/LaunchDaemons from terminal when I can't see it currently from Terminal, but can find it in Finder

2) Delete AlipayDispatcherService and all related files?

I saw a related post, but wanted to check. I would like to make sure I don't have any strange services running that might give backdoors.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=649253

Posted on May 5, 2020 2:01 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 5, 2020 6:02 PM in response to CAExplorer

How can I
1) Access ~/Library/LaunchDaemons from terminal when I can't see it currently from Terminal, but can find it in Finder

cd ~/Library/LaunchDaemons

But, A launch daemon in the user Library doesn't make any sense. Daemons launch at startup, and a user's Library isn't accessed until login.

2) Delete AlipayDispatcherService and all related files?

I'd do it from the Finder.

Hold down the Option key and choose Library from the Go menu.

Navigate to LaunchDaemons.

Accessing LaunchDaemons directory from terminal and deleting Alipaydispatcherservice (MacOS Mojave)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.