Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus switches to Finder every 15 - 20 seconds on iMac

Hi,

I have a weird problem that just started happening. Every 15-20 seconds or so the active window focus goes from whatever app window I'm using to the Finder. Ex. I'm typing this post and every 15-20 seconds the Finder becomes active instead of Safari so what I'm typing doesn't show and I need to click in this box to be able to type again. I have no other apps or windows open or running and have removed (not just hidden) all login items under system preferences/users and groups/login items.

I'm on an:

IMac 2019

Catalina v 10.15.4

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Thanks,

Craig

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 5, 2020 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 5:47 PM

Barney,

I think I have figured it out. I use the Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball and there software TrackballWorks which resides on the menu bar was signaling me that there was an update available. When I downloaded the update but before I installed it, the issue seams to have gone away.

If it comes back, I'll post to this thread again.

Thanks for the assistance, I appreciate it.!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 5:47 PM in response to Barney-15E

Barney,

I think I have figured it out. I use the Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball and there software TrackballWorks which resides on the menu bar was signaling me that there was an update available. When I downloaded the update but before I installed it, the issue seams to have gone away.

If it comes back, I'll post to this thread again.

Thanks for the assistance, I appreciate it.!

Focus switches to Finder every 15 - 20 seconds on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.