Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture not scanning documents properly

Recently, Image Capture began creating scans that look like the image attached. I've cleaned the glass, reset everything multiple times, and reinstalled printer software. Still, this is what I get. Brother iPrint and Scan is easily the worst software I've ever used and won't connect to the printer, so thats useless. The printer is connected via wifi. My tech info is listed below:

Mac: 2013 Macbook Air running macOS Mojave Ver. 10.14.6

Printer/Scanner: Brother MFC-L2710DW

Posted on May 5, 2020 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 8:52 AM

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I see that when you scan documents in Image Capture on your MacBook Air running macOS Mojave, the images aren't appearing correctly. It sounds like you've already done some great steps to help isolate potential causes, and I would be happy to help explore what to do next.

Under the Kind drop down seen in the screenshot you provided, try selecting Color, then see if you experience the same issue. It looks like your Mac is compatible with macOS Catalina so you may also want to consider upgrading macOS, then test if you're still experiencing the behavior:

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Tyler Jechura

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I see that when you scan documents in Image Capture on your MacBook Air running macOS Mojave, the images aren't appearing correctly. It sounds like you've already done some great steps to help isolate potential causes, and I would be happy to help explore what to do next.

Under the Kind drop down seen in the screenshot you provided, try selecting Color, then see if you experience the same issue. It looks like your Mac is compatible with macOS Catalina so you may also want to consider upgrading macOS, then test if you're still experiencing the behavior:

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

May 6, 2020 12:49 PM in response to Teddy_B

Thank you! I made all the changes you suggested. First, Image capture did generate an image by switching the drop down menu to "color". No idea why it work like that, but okay. However, I still upgraded to Catalina. Since the upgrade Image Capture has been able to scan properly under all three options (Text, B&W, and Color). Thank you for the help.

Image Capture not scanning documents properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.