Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture is no longer detecting my scanner

I have an all in one printer Brother MFC-450DW, have been scanning using 'Image Capture' on my MacBook Pro with no issues but since last week the printer is not showing up anymore. I can print with no issues, have enabled network sharing, have rebooted both the printer and computer, still nothing. I downloaded 'VueScan' to test the scanner and I had no issue using that app to scan from my device, but I don't want to purchase the app if there is a way to make Image Capture work again. If anyone has any ideas as to what else I can try, please let me know, thank you so much!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 1:31 PM

Hello Clowdyains,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that Image Capture isn't working as expected, and restarting, changing your network sharing settings, and testing in another app didn't resolve the issue. Those were great steps, and we have a few more in mind that may help.

For this concern, see if steps in the below user guides help, since they have helped to resolve similar issues in the past:

If Image Capture doesn’t open when you connect a device to your Mac

If your device doesn’t work with Image Capture on Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 1:31 PM in response to Clowdyains

Hello Clowdyains,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that Image Capture isn't working as expected, and restarting, changing your network sharing settings, and testing in another app didn't resolve the issue. Those were great steps, and we have a few more in mind that may help.

For this concern, see if steps in the below user guides help, since they have helped to resolve similar issues in the past:

If Image Capture doesn’t open when you connect a device to your Mac

If your device doesn’t work with Image Capture on Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Image Capture is no longer detecting my scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.