Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chapter Markers in FCPX

Hi Izzy,

I completely forgot about setting chapters in FCPX. I did it once about 3 or 4 years ago and ever since then I completely forgot FCPX has this feature. I did some playing around with it today to see if could remember how to do it. I was able to set the Chapters and I gave each one a number and typed in what each scene was, then hit the Chapter icon in the little window. When I was ready to burn the DVD, I’m using a re-writable disc, I set "Disc Template" to Blue Green. In the “When Disc Loads” I tried "Play Movie" and the next time I burned the DVD, I tried "Show Menu". I checked “Markers” and I checked “Loop” a couple times when burning disc and without “Loop” a couple times. I didn’t add “Background”, “Logo Image” or "Title Image”, because I’m not sure what they do. My problem is, when I burn a disc, then play it back, I click on the Menu icon and find the scene I want and play it. The Chapter number and the Scene wording shows up while the video is playing and stay there. What am I doing wrong that allows the Chapter number and wording show up and stays on the screen until it gets to the next Chapter marker, then that Chapter comes on the screen and stays there until the next Chapter. It seems simple enough, but I know I must be doing something wrong. Not sure what it is. Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong that keeps the Chapter number and wording to stay on the screen? Any tips are appreciated. 

Thanks,
Don

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 5, 2020 4:27 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

May 5, 2020 11:31 PM in response to Alchroma

Hi Al, yes I did have Use Chapter markers as Sub-Titles: I finally turned it off and the writing didn't show up. I used Standard when I set the marker and it seemed to work. All the YouTube videos I saw showed using the Chapter markers as Sub-Titles: Thanks for the reply. I'll work more on it tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks again for the quick reply. Don

May 6, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Alchroma

Hi Al, just got back to my computer and will try this later. So, I should use the Chapter Marker as shown above and don't use the

Chapter markers as Sub-Titles: in the DVD settings? I'll try both Standard and the one you show here. I just want to be able to go to a Menu to find a scene in the video and jump right to it without the writing showing on the screen. I'll work on this later today. Seems simple enough. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, Don

May 6, 2020 12:14 PM in response to Alchroma

Hi Al, I used the Standard setting and a couple of the Chapter settings and only the Chapter settings showed up in the Menu on the DVD. So, I guess the main thing I was doing wrong was clicking on Chapter markers as Sub-Titles. That's what was keeping my writing from the Menu on the screen. the Standard flag doesn't show up in the menu on the DVD, just the Marker flag. Thanks for your help, I got it mastered now.

Chapter Markers in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.