Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access photos in applications

When in any website or application and I need to access a photo I am unable to open the photos to select from. I have tried doing the following to no avail. I cannot complete item no. 3 as it is not available to click.

Follow these steps to designate the current library as the System Photo Library:

1. Choose Photos > Preferences.
  2. Click the General button at the top of the Preferences window.
  3. Click Use as System Photo Library.

Photos were brought over from my phone when I got this new laptop over iCloud.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 5, 2020 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 12:39 AM

not all applications are compatible with Photos. you may need to update older applications. and if you are using Icloud Photos only the photos downloaded from icloud will appear in the Media Browser. view all photos in Photos enlarged, before you try to use them outside of Photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 12:39 AM in response to léonie

not all applications are compatible with Photos. you may need to update older applications. and if you are using Icloud Photos only the photos downloaded from icloud will appear in the Media Browser. view all photos in Photos enlarged, before you try to use them outside of Photos.

Cannot access photos in applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.