Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading photos from photo library

I can see all my photos in my photo library on my Mac. However when I go to upload photos it only shows a random collection of photos, not all the photos in my library. ''Use as system library'' is greyed out on my preferences, and I do not have this issue when uploading photos from my phone.

Thanks for reading.

Hariom

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 1:13 PM

Hi

Do you use iCloud photos, with optimise mac storage set. If so, it will only offer you photos that are currently on your mac. Since optimise storage moves photos off your mac into icloud, those will not be offered.

Your workaround is to first export them to a folder and then upload from the folder. (select the images you want then file>export)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 1:13 PM in response to hariomm

Hi

Do you use iCloud photos, with optimise mac storage set. If so, it will only offer you photos that are currently on your mac. Since optimise storage moves photos off your mac into icloud, those will not be offered.

Your workaround is to first export them to a folder and then upload from the folder. (select the images you want then file>export)

Feb 22, 2022 1:42 PM in response to hariomm

It will download items when you edit them, or export them, add to a shared album, or perhaps view them full size.

They will only be removed again when your mac needs the space, so images you've used can hang around for a while. It also doesn't necessarily remove them in the order they've been downloaded. So not being able to detect a pattern is also quite normal 🙃

Uploading photos from photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.