Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't see music and playlists to sync with my phone

When I attach my phone to my Mac I do not need option of what playlists and songs to sync. Instead when I select Music under Summary it says iCloud Music Library is On. I stopped by subscription to this, how do I get my playlists to show up so I can put music on the iphone?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 5, 2020 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 9:42 AM

Good afternoon pkBrooklyn,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If I understand your question, it sounds like you cancelled the Apple Music subscription that you had, and you are trying to sync your iTunes library to your iPhone manually. What version of the macOS is running on your computer? In order to sync manually, you will need to turn iCloud Music Library off on your iPhone and Mac. (Note: in the most recent versions of macOS and iOS, this is called Sync Library). Then restart the iPhone and computer.

The resources below will explain how to check your subscriptions and sync your iTunes library to your iPhone.

See or cancel your subscriptions

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - you'll be doing the opposite - turning this service off.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 9:42 AM in response to pkBrooklyn

Good afternoon pkBrooklyn,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If I understand your question, it sounds like you cancelled the Apple Music subscription that you had, and you are trying to sync your iTunes library to your iPhone manually. What version of the macOS is running on your computer? In order to sync manually, you will need to turn iCloud Music Library off on your iPhone and Mac. (Note: in the most recent versions of macOS and iOS, this is called Sync Library). Then restart the iPhone and computer.

The resources below will explain how to check your subscriptions and sync your iTunes library to your iPhone.

See or cancel your subscriptions

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - you'll be doing the opposite - turning this service off.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Take care.

can't see music and playlists to sync with my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.