Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAP synchronising mail with host server

Unable to get my deliberately deleted emails in Mail to delete on host server (IMAP connection) using my newer Mac book (Mojave). IONOS.CO.UK is host and they have spent several hours looking into this and have stated it is a Mac issue. I agree as my older Mac book still synchronising deleting emails on host server through IMAP. What's the fix on newer macbook (mojave)? Thanks

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 1:40 PM

ahilan128 wrote:

Unable to get my deliberately deleted emails in Mail to delete on host server (IMAP connection) using my newer Mac book (Mojave). IONOS.CO.UK is host and they have spent several hours looking into this and have stated it is a Mac issue. I agree as my older Mac book still synchronising deleting emails on host server through IMAP. What's the fix on newer macbook (mojave)? Thanks

Trouble shooting is deleting the email account then adding it back in— to sort issues

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 1:40 PM in response to ahilan128

ahilan128 wrote:

Trouble shooting is deleting the email account then adding it back in— to sort issues

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

IMAP synchronising mail with host server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.