Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choosing which applications to restore from time machine

My Macbook Pro hard drive died and was replaced. I have a time machine backup. There are older applications on my backup that I don't want to transfer to the new drive. My questions: can I choose which content/data I restore or do I have to restore all content and then delete/remove the programs I no longer want? If I can choose - how do I do that?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 10:24 AM

winencandy wrote:

My Macbook Pro hard drive died and was replaced. I have a time machine backup. There are older applications on my backup that I don't want to transfer to the new drive. My questions: can I choose which content/data I restore or do I have to restore all content and then delete/remove the programs I no longer want? If I can choose - how do I do that?

Your options are limited, now is not the time to do house keeping.

Restore your macOS/user data and get up and running on terrra firma. Then you want to tidy up.

How to use Time Machine to restore your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 10:24 AM in response to winencandy

winencandy wrote:

Your options are limited, now is not the time to do house keeping.

Restore your macOS/user data and get up and running on terrra firma. Then you want to tidy up.

How to use Time Machine to restore your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Choosing which applications to restore from time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.