Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sonnet breakaway puck rx560

Just bought the external graphics from Sonnet, it is the same one listed on the apple website. I own a MacBook Pro 2017’ i5 non Touch Bar. When connected the external graphics shows up on the top window, it reads that it is a Radeon card. It also shows up on my system report and activity monitor. My problem is, I have selected application to use the external graphics (prefer external graphics) however my computer continues to use the intel iris plus graphics 640. When I check the activity monitor the external GPU isn’t running any processes. Am I missing something?

Posted on May 6, 2020 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 9:41 AM

RGJr01 wrote:

Just bought the external graphics from Sonnet, it is the same one listed on the apple website. I own a MacBook Pro 2017’ i5 non Touch Bar. When connected the external graphics shows up on the top window, it reads that it is a Radeon card. It also shows up on my system report and activity monitor. My problem is, I have selected application to use the external graphics (prefer external graphics) however my computer continues to use the intel iris plus graphics 640. When I check the activity monitor the external GPU isn’t running any processes. Am I missing something?

ref:

Use an external graphics processor with your Mac - Apple ...

Customer Support Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line official Apple Support https://getsupport.apple.com/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 9:41 AM in response to RGJr01

RGJr01 wrote:

ref:

Use an external graphics processor with your Mac - Apple ...

Customer Support Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line official Apple Support https://getsupport.apple.com/

Sonnet breakaway puck rx560

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.