Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to load a file already on a Mac & get it into Music

I have an m4a file on my Mac Pro (wi Catalina). I get into Music, do the import command, select the file. Then nothing happens - it doesn't load anything. It doesn't say why not. It just ignores the command. The file is my own, with no copyright.

How do I make it load the file into Music?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 6, 2020 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:22 PM

The import command seems to be broken lately. There have been many reports here about that.

The best way to add a file to your library is to drag it into the Automatically Add to Music folder, which can be found in your Media folder. Do this while iTunes/Music is running.

Similar questions

3 replies

May 7, 2020 9:03 AM in response to ed2345

Found Automatically Add to Music folder in Music >> iTunes >> iTunes Music. and it seems to have worked. BUT in addition, I was trying to add a file that was identical (I think) to a previous one, but with a different name. Adding the file occurred, but the name in the song list remained the same as the previous version.

I count this as question solved. many thanks.

How to load a file already on a Mac & get it into Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.