Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3 (A1469) - Unable to restore. An unknown error occurred (9).

Hi everyone,

My Apple TV has stopped working. When I turn it on I get only an Apple logo on the TV and a blinking white light on the Apple TV itself.

I have tried to restore it via iTunes (High Sierra) and Apple Music (Catalina) on multiple machines using a variety of Micro USB cords, but continually get the following error message:

"The Apple TV “Apple TV” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9)."

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this? Before Apple chimes in with a generic response, I have followed all the instructions contained in this article exactly (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203028) and have searched throughout multiple forums without finding a solution.

I've also tried an IPSW update using the option-restore function without any luck.

Ideas please.

Thanks.

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:16 PM

Hello,

You will need to call Apple for diagnosis.

Contact AppleCare

1 reply

Apple TV 3 (A1469) - Unable to restore. An unknown error occurred (9).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.