Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FORGET FIRMWARE PASSWORD

HI, my MacBook Pro 13 early 2015 model. it Showa folder icon blinking during startup, when I reboot holding CMD+R its asking for password. but I don't remember the password. please guide me to fix it.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 11:12 PM

thiru94 Said:

"FORGET FIRMWARE PASSWORD: HI, my MacBook Pro 13 early 2015 model. it Showa folder icon blinking during startup, when I reboot holding CMD+R its asking for password. but I don't remember the password. please guide me to fix it."

-------

Five Thoughts:

You would need to go to a local Apple Store to fix this. But, being that Apple Stores are closed for a while, you may have to wait a while. As you may be aware, the reason they are closed is due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.

• Keep a Handwritten Copy:

Once the password is recovered, then keep a hard copy of it, and store it in a location that only YOU are knowledgeable of, and only YOU have access to. Do not share this information with anyone whomsoever.

Elsewise...

• Use an Administrator Password:

This password could be that of your confused with your Administrator User. So, perhaps, this is the password of the User Account you always log into. So, use that password, instead, seeing if it works.

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB Ports/Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

• Use An External Keyboard:

It Doesn't have to be Apple brand. You might need this adapter: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 11:12 PM in response to thiru94

thiru94 Said:

"FORGET FIRMWARE PASSWORD: HI, my MacBook Pro 13 early 2015 model. it Showa folder icon blinking during startup, when I reboot holding CMD+R its asking for password. but I don't remember the password. please guide me to fix it."

-------

Five Thoughts:

You would need to go to a local Apple Store to fix this. But, being that Apple Stores are closed for a while, you may have to wait a while. As you may be aware, the reason they are closed is due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.

• Keep a Handwritten Copy:

Once the password is recovered, then keep a hard copy of it, and store it in a location that only YOU are knowledgeable of, and only YOU have access to. Do not share this information with anyone whomsoever.

Elsewise...

• Use an Administrator Password:

This password could be that of your confused with your Administrator User. So, perhaps, this is the password of the User Account you always log into. So, use that password, instead, seeing if it works.

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB Ports/Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

• Use An External Keyboard:

It Doesn't have to be Apple brand. You might need this adapter: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

May 7, 2020 7:09 AM in response to thiru94

thiru94 Said:

I’m Ukraine now and here I don’t find Apple store.

———-

Thank you kindly for for the update.

Visiting this Link: Contact Us - Choose Locations, I do no see Ukraine listed. So, direct Apple Support is not an option for you (“now”). So, click on “Other Europe”, seeing where you can go from there. The Link: Other Europe

Just for Note: Apple Support is limited at the moment, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. So, even if you arrive at an available location, the call wait may be a bit.

But, that would make sense, being that many people are at home at the moment, with more free time on their hands to call Apple Support.

So, if you arrive in a listed location, just stay on the line; someone will be with you surely.

Good Luck. :)

FORGET FIRMWARE PASSWORD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.