Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you help with firmware password

Firmware password required to boot my mac as I have changed the hard disk. I cannot ever remember setting this password.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 7:09 AM

G_Willz wrote:

Firmware password required to boot my mac as I have changed the hard disk. I cannot ever remember setting this password.

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

https://osxdaily.com/2015/01/28/forgot-mac-firmware-password-what-now/

You do not say what exact Mac is this...

T2 Chip era (ie newer) Mac's the Storage is soldered to the board—here there a preferences for external boot up, unrecognized drives etc.

About Startup Security Utility - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 7:09 AM in response to G_Willz

G_Willz wrote:

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

https://osxdaily.com/2015/01/28/forgot-mac-firmware-password-what-now/

You do not say what exact Mac is this...

T2 Chip era (ie newer) Mac's the Storage is soldered to the board—here there a preferences for external boot up, unrecognized drives etc.

About Startup Security Utility - Apple Support

Can you help with firmware password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.