Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Badge for Outlook Not Working Properly

Hi,

In my past experience with Outlook iOS badges, the application will inform you how many unread emails without opening Outlook. Now you would need to open the Outlook app to check your emails without reading them then it will capture how many unread emails you have in your inbox. 

I have checked updates with iOS and Outlook app, restarted the phone, and uninstalling the app, but it seems the badge is not working properly for Outlook iOS. 

I have enabled the notification settings for the Outlook app in the phone setting, but I noticed when I was sending an email fro my Gmail account to my Outlook account no notifications will prompt on my phone. For example, I would lock my screen and expect a notification to show up on my phone when I sent from Gmail to Outlook, but nothing appears. 

I have reached out to the Microsoft Community for help, but was directed to Apple Community for help. I think this maybe an iOS issue with Outlook app as other apps are working normally. If someone can please give me some detail on this issue then it would be great. 

Posted on May 7, 2020 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 9:00 AM

If I understand you correctly you are looking for Push Settings. Read below completely.

You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set? Watch the GIF below

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only Fetch mail Option is available

iCloud, Exchange, Outlook - Both Fetch and Push Mail option is available

1. Push Mail: Whenever possible the email client will push mails to all your devices.
  2. Fetch Mail: You need to set How you want it to be fetched, Automatically, Manually , Hourly,Every 30 mins, every 15 mins
    1. Automatically: will fetch when the iPhone is powered and on WiFi
    2. Manually: with fetch when you open email, open Inbox and swipe down
    3. You get an email notification as soon as the client server receives an email and your device is connected to internet, irrespective of whether the mail is in your device's Inbox or not

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 9:00 AM in response to Guest201

If I understand you correctly you are looking for Push Settings. Read below completely.

You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set? Watch the GIF below

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only Fetch mail Option is available

iCloud, Exchange, Outlook - Both Fetch and Push Mail option is available

1. Push Mail: Whenever possible the email client will push mails to all your devices.
  2. Fetch Mail: You need to set How you want it to be fetched, Automatically, Manually , Hourly,Every 30 mins, every 15 mins
    1. Automatically: will fetch when the iPhone is powered and on WiFi
    2. Manually: with fetch when you open email, open Inbox and swipe down
    3. You get an email notification as soon as the client server receives an email and your device is connected to internet, irrespective of whether the mail is in your device's Inbox or not

May 7, 2020 9:05 AM in response to Guest201

If you're talking about an Outlook account that you are using in your Apple Mail app, check if you've enabled "PUSH" for that account in Settings>Passwords&Accounts.

If you refer to the Outlook app on your iPhone, I think it's a problem related to that app's settings, but I don't use that Microsoft App, so I have no further help to offer you.

Giulio

iOS Badge for Outlook Not Working Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.