You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flickering vertical/horizontal line displayed on screen

I have a IPad Pro 10.5” using the must updated IOS system. in the last couple days I have a Flickering black fine line always being displayed on my screen. No matter what app, program, website I use its always there. Any thoughts or suggestions on solving this.

Thanks in advance, Steve

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 7, 2020 9:55 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2020 10:01 AM in response to stephenfromapple valley

It is probably a problem with the screen have you dropped it recently?

if it is you will need a new iPad or you can just replace the screen

but first try hard resetting it to see if that does anything. A hard reset does not delete your data. Press the Home button and the On/Off button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons down until after the screen turns black and the iPad starts up again. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.

May 7, 2020 10:20 AM in response to 5Kyle5

Thanks for the help. No damage, drops, etc. I purchased this in April 2018 new. It’s in flawless condition and I’ve had many iPad’s. This is the first time Ive had any issue with an Apple product, and i have many. I will try and research the cost of screen replacement From Apple but I’m guessing in wont be cheap.

Flickering vertical/horizontal line displayed on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.