Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update apple productivity apps- Iphone 11 pro Max 13.4.1 update

I cannot update the productivity apps on my Iphone. Numbers, Garageband, Pages, Itunes, Keynote all will not open. There is an icloud icon that displays a message that says it cannot be installed and clicking that takes me to the store page where there is no link or button to download. The download shows a blue sqaure inside a gray circle.

My phone has plentiful storage 100's of gbs of free space. My ios is updated, my apple id on my phone is correct and none of my other apps are experiencing this issue.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 7, 2020 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 12:33 PM

The square inside the blue circle is the download progress bar. The circle should gradually fill up as they are downloaded. Is the iPhone connected to a Wifi network? Normally those apps, except for the iTunes Store, are pretty large and will not download over cellular data unless you turn on the option.

If you tap it, the square acts as a stop button to cancel the download.

You can try to stop the download, and start it again, and see if it can complete.

The iTunes Store however, is pre-installed on an iPhone and is updated with the OS version so should not need to update or download at all, unless it was offloaded for some reason.

Try stopping all the downloads as described above, reboot your iPhone, and try again.

Also if the iPhone is offloading items, check Settings->General->iPhone Storage to make sure you do have free storage space.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 12:33 PM in response to dasbutcher

The square inside the blue circle is the download progress bar. The circle should gradually fill up as they are downloaded. Is the iPhone connected to a Wifi network? Normally those apps, except for the iTunes Store, are pretty large and will not download over cellular data unless you turn on the option.

If you tap it, the square acts as a stop button to cancel the download.

You can try to stop the download, and start it again, and see if it can complete.

The iTunes Store however, is pre-installed on an iPhone and is updated with the OS version so should not need to update or download at all, unless it was offloaded for some reason.

Try stopping all the downloads as described above, reboot your iPhone, and try again.

Also if the iPhone is offloading items, check Settings->General->iPhone Storage to make sure you do have free storage space.

Cannot update apple productivity apps- Iphone 11 pro Max 13.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.