Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to NAS drive MacBook Air catalina

Hello everybody,

Since a couple of days I can't access my NAS drive anymore, I have two NAS in my network one is a DLINK dns320l and the other one a Western Digital WDCloud, with the second one I don't have any problem to access but with the DLINK im unable to see my shared folders.

When I try to access is over my windows PC it works fine, im also unable to ping the NAS ip from my MACbook, so I suppose there is a network issue somewhere, but I didn't changed anything and it was working fine a couple of days before. Resuming: I can't ping the NAS ip and also I can't access the webUI from safari, I tried to map the drive in Finder without success. My MacBook is connected over wifi, windows pc is connected over ethernet. All works fine from windows 10 though.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Posted on May 7, 2020 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 8:38 PM

Have you tried rebooting your router?

Have you rebooted the computer?

Have you tried using an Ethernet connection with the laptop?

Try creating a new network location.

Try creating a new user account.

Similar questions

3 replies

May 7, 2020 11:56 PM in response to HWTech

Hi HWTech,

thanks for the reply, I did rebooted the router and my MacBook, I can't use ethernet option as I only can connect my MacBook by wifi. I tried to create a new network location and a different user account also with admin privileges as you suggested but without luck. Strange thing is that I scanned my network with I-scanner and it shows all the ip´s except the one from the NAS, I can't ping it either with terminal. I know then as is working because when I use my Windows PC with ethernet connection I´m able to connect to it and also make a ping.

Unable to connect to NAS drive MacBook Air catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.