Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Screentime Hacks

How can I stop my son switching his iPad on and off to enable access to the app store, and then downloading apps (eg Roblox) that can't be controlled by screentime restrictions?

I am on our local school's advisory board, we have 1500 students - I understand this is an oft reported yet ongoing and unresolved issue - given Apple's inability (or desire) to prioritise fixing these obvious security flaws, we'll be moving to change our BYOT policies in banning Apple products if these problems continue to be ignored.

I attempted to contact Apple support to discuss, but their support service is currently down. If anyone has any recommendations for escalation, I'd appreciate advice.

Posted on May 7, 2020 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 8:26 PM

Look - you're right. I should have refrained from the obvious anguish in my question. I realise you all have your hands full with other issues, and don't want to be reminded of the confirmation bias most of we Apple consumers suffer.

I have now managed to log an issue with the Apple geniuses - so I'll await their response.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 8:26 PM in response to stephenfrombellingen

Look - you're right. I should have refrained from the obvious anguish in my question. I realise you all have your hands full with other issues, and don't want to be reminded of the confirmation bias most of we Apple consumers suffer.

I have now managed to log an issue with the Apple geniuses - so I'll await their response.

May 7, 2020 8:05 PM in response to stephenfrombellingen

Restrict the App Store. Do not allow for downloads, or any Settings changes. You are speaking with other users here, not Apple, and your attitude is not going to get you much help here, as we are not employees and do this out of the kindness of our hearts. You can review this support document for using Parental Restrictions in Screen Time Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , and then provide feedback to Apple if it does not provide settings for what you wish. That is the only way for Apple to be aware that it does not meet your expectations.

May 7, 2020 8:31 PM in response to stephenfrombellingen

I hope you get your issue resolved. Good luck. You will find while not perfect, the parental controls do a good bit, but kids have been working at ways to get around them, and share this information in their social media apps. One of the big ones for screen time restrictions is going into Settings and changing the date/time, to extend their screen time. Luckily for me, all of my "children" are now grown and college graduates. They will have to deal with that from their children in due time. Take care, and I understand your frustration, I just was trying to calm you down.

iPad Screentime Hacks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.