Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time App Store - allow download requests

Is there a way to make it so my child has to request to download apps as opposed to getting rid of the app store altogether?

Right now with downloading apps as "disabled", my child can't access the app store at all, which I don't want. I want app downloads to have to go through my approval.

It seems like that isn't an option, so what is the next best option?  

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 12:14 PM

Hi sweetypie4280,

Thanks for posting in Apple Communities, we’d love to help provide some guidance on some options for having a prompt for allowance. A good method would be to allow apps to be download and utilize the steps in Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support. This will help provide a protection barrier for you as the organizer. If you would like to see more options around the controls available, we recommend to leave this suggestion at Product Feedback - Apple

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 12:14 PM in response to sweetypie4280

Hi sweetypie4280,

Thanks for posting in Apple Communities, we’d love to help provide some guidance on some options for having a prompt for allowance. A good method would be to allow apps to be download and utilize the steps in Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support. This will help provide a protection barrier for you as the organizer. If you would like to see more options around the controls available, we recommend to leave this suggestion at Product Feedback - Apple

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Screen Time App Store - allow download requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.