Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

could not update apps

On my iPad I am being asked to sign into iCloud by entering my Apple ID

password. However, when i enter the correct password, I get a message

saying "Open settings to continue signing in with (my Apple ID email)".

So I go into settings and then I get a message saying "Your Apple ID has

been locked for security reasons. To unlock it, you must verify your

identity." So I try to unlock by unlocking by email. I then get a

message saying to follow the instructions in the email to unlock the

account. However, then I get a message asking for my Apple ID password

again, and when I enter it, I have to do all of the above and I have

checked my email and have no email for unlocking. Please help! I am

going away on holiday on Tuesday and am trying to download a film to

occupy me on the plane, but cannot.

Posted on May 7, 2020 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 4:01 AM

See this document If your Apple ID is locked or disabled https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204106 "If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services.

If you use security questions with your Apple ID, or if you don't have access to a trusted device or phone number, go to iforgot.apple.com. Then you can unlock your account with your existing password or reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.”

If these instruction don't or didn't work for you, then I believe there is a problem with your Apple ID/Password. Were you ever required to try to answer your security questions? If so, what happened?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 4:01 AM in response to balmukunda

See this document If your Apple ID is locked or disabled https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204106 "If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services.

If you use security questions with your Apple ID, or if you don't have access to a trusted device or phone number, go to iforgot.apple.com. Then you can unlock your account with your existing password or reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.”

If these instruction don't or didn't work for you, then I believe there is a problem with your Apple ID/Password. Were you ever required to try to answer your security questions? If so, what happened?

May 8, 2020 9:35 AM in response to balmukunda

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

could not update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.