Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing two phone numbers to one imessage account

I am an US expat living in Europe. I have a Verizon iPhone XR. I got a local SIM and I want to have both phone numbers on my iMessage account--how do I do that? I tried following the instructions online but they did not work.When I put in my new sim, iMessage read "waiting for activation" and sent me a confirmation code. Then, my US phone number disappeared. So, I try to add my US phone number, so I put in the sim and have a confirm code sent to me. Then my European number disappears. Now, I ran out of codes to be sent. What should I do? I want to have both phone numbers on my iMessage.

iPhone XR, 13

Posted on May 8, 2020 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 5:26 AM

I am not aware of any confirmation code for activating iMessage / FaceTime?

On a Dual SIM iPhones you have switch facility from one phone number to another

Send messages with iMessage and SMS/MMS

You can use iMessage or SMS/MMS to send messages with either phone number.* You can switch phone numbers before you send an iMessage or SMS/MMS message. Here's how:

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap the New button, in the upper right corner of the screen.
  3. Enter your contact's name.
  4. Tap the current phone number.
  5. Tap the number you want to use.

* Additional fees may apply. Check with your carrier.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 5:26 AM in response to pcfpcfpcf

I am not aware of any confirmation code for activating iMessage / FaceTime?

On a Dual SIM iPhones you have switch facility from one phone number to another

Send messages with iMessage and SMS/MMS

You can use iMessage or SMS/MMS to send messages with either phone number.* You can switch phone numbers before you send an iMessage or SMS/MMS message. Here's how:

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap the New button, in the upper right corner of the screen.
  3. Enter your contact's name.
  4. Tap the current phone number.
  5. Tap the number you want to use.

* Additional fees may apply. Check with your carrier.

Syncing two phone numbers to one imessage account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.