Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One or more folders in your mailbox have name conflicts with others or system reserved names.

Hi, i just set up my new I-Pad and I'm getting this message when I delete an E-Mail. I have a Hotmail account, can anyone please advise how I resolve the issue.

One

or more folders in your mailbox have name conflicts with others or system

reserved names.

Folders

with these names can't be downloaded by your IMAP e-mail program.

Junk

Please

connect to your mailbox using your Web browser and rename those folders. Once

renamed, those folders will be displayed in your IMAP e-mail application

correctly.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on May 8, 2020 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 8:56 AM

This explains how to add an email account to the iPad. Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I am not aware of any kind of changes you need to make to a Hotmail account. Had you found that information and were trying to make a change before you setup the mail account, or after you saw the error? I would try just removing the account from the iPad and starting over again.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 8:56 AM in response to AGH55

This explains how to add an email account to the iPad. Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I am not aware of any kind of changes you need to make to a Hotmail account. Had you found that information and were trying to make a change before you setup the mail account, or after you saw the error? I would try just removing the account from the iPad and starting over again.

May 8, 2020 8:42 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris, thanks for your response, I was on a Microsoft forum and found this thread, which I don't fully understand. I thought when it mentioned Apple mail, I had to make changes to the account on my i-Pad. I initially tried to rename the Junk Folder on my Hotmail account but it is greyed out.

To prevent this from happening involves changing some of the advanced settings for the account in the application you're using. How to do this will be different for each application and for each version of the application, which may be one of these:

• Apple Mail
  • Mac Mail
  • Gmail app on a tablet or smart phone
  • Manufacturers' apps on Android devices, e.g. Samsung Email

You will have to consult the help documentation for the one you're using to find out how to match (or 'map') the Outlook.com folders to the ones in the application. There are too many variants for it to be possible to give them here. You may be able to get the correct instructions by asking

How do I map the Sent folder at Outlook.com to the sent items folder in [insert the name and version of your email application]?

One or more folders in your mailbox have name conflicts with others or system reserved names.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.