Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trashcan Icon in Mail App Has vanished

iPad Air (3rd Gen), software update 13.4.1. Today my trashcan ICON disappeared from the Mail App and was replaced by the archive icon. I want my trashcan ICON back. Apple Support has been less than helpful. TIA.

iPad Air 3 WiFi, Cellular

Posted on May 8, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 8:24 AM

Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts. Select your email account. On the next page, tap on the email address, and you should see the first page of account information, such as name, server info. Tap on Advanced. When that page opens, you should see an area marked Move Discarded Messages Into: and there is a setting there for Deleted Mailbox, or Archived Mailbox. I'm guessing the setting is for Archived. Change it to Deleted.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Kaine322

Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts. Select your email account. On the next page, tap on the email address, and you should see the first page of account information, such as name, server info. Tap on Advanced. When that page opens, you should see an area marked Move Discarded Messages Into: and there is a setting there for Deleted Mailbox, or Archived Mailbox. I'm guessing the setting is for Archived. Change it to Deleted.

Trashcan Icon in Mail App Has vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.