Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup - iphone

My iPhone has started to report that it has not been backed up in several weeks, stating that I don't have enough space in my iCloud storage. I cleared out my iCloud storage and have ~2.5Gb free. However, my iPhone still reports that I don't have enough space for the backup (i normally charge it overnight, so it should automatically do so . My ipad reported it last back up was yesterday, so i don't know what is going on with my iphone. Is there anything i can do to get it backing itself up again?

With thanks in advance

Alastair

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 1:36 PM

Hello adewar1979,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are getting a message that there isn't enough free space in your iCloud storage to back up your iPhone. I would recommend taking a look at the following support article to address issues backing up to iCloud:

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 1:36 PM in response to adewar1979

Hello adewar1979,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are getting a message that there isn't enough free space in your iCloud storage to back up your iPhone. I would recommend taking a look at the following support article to address issues backing up to iCloud:

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Best regards.

icloud backup - iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.