Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App + Activity App

I was wearing my apple 5 watch this morning and it was tracking my steps. I took it off and accidentally left it at home when I went out this afternoon, but my Health app on my iPhone XR was tracking my afternoon steps. When I got home this evening and put the watch back on it resumed with tracking my steps, but it does not recognize the afternoon steps that were tracked by the phone. When I look at the Activity app on both my phone and my watch, they have no data for the afternoon. How do I fix this so all my steps (regardless of what device they were tracked on) will show in both the Health app and the Activity app on both devices?

Thanks so much!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on May 8, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 3:02 AM

The activity app is only for use by the watch,it is an iphone app for the watch and steps recorded on the phone will not appear here they will be sent to the health app on the phone.

The health app on the phone has a priority list of devices and whichever device is at the top of that list is the one the phone gives priority to first.So if your watch is top of that list it's data will be recorded first and then whatever device is next in the list.

The list is here;

In the health app on the phone;

tap on browse/activity/steps.

Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Data Sources & Access.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 3:02 AM in response to AppleFan_11

The activity app is only for use by the watch,it is an iphone app for the watch and steps recorded on the phone will not appear here they will be sent to the health app on the phone.

The health app on the phone has a priority list of devices and whichever device is at the top of that list is the one the phone gives priority to first.So if your watch is top of that list it's data will be recorded first and then whatever device is next in the list.

The list is here;

In the health app on the phone;

tap on browse/activity/steps.

Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Data Sources & Access.

Health App + Activity App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.