Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made a new playlist on iTunes and when I dragged some songs to it, the playlist disappeared.

I made a new playlist on iTunes and when I dragged some songs to it, the playlist disappeared. I have an iMac mid 2009 running on El Capitan 10.11.6

Posted on May 9, 2020 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 10:23 AM

Hello, Cycnoches.

I understand that a recently created playlist disappeared after you added music to it.

Did this happen only the one time or are you currently unable to create playlists?

Are you able to create a playlist after quitting iTunes and then restarting your Mac?

Create a playlist in Music on Mac

Log out, sleep, restart, or shut down your Mac

I hope this helps.

Be Well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 10:23 AM in response to Cycnoches

Hello, Cycnoches.

I understand that a recently created playlist disappeared after you added music to it.

Did this happen only the one time or are you currently unable to create playlists?

Are you able to create a playlist after quitting iTunes and then restarting your Mac?

Create a playlist in Music on Mac

Log out, sleep, restart, or shut down your Mac

I hope this helps.

Be Well.

May 10, 2020 10:52 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. I found out what the problem was: the files I was trying to add to the new playlist were mp4, not mp3. After some wrangling I managed to find the new playlist under movies, so problem solved. My mistake for not checking the file formats in the first place, but I just assumed they were mp3 - actually I didn't know music files could be in mp4. You learn something new every day (and I have still a LOT to learn!)

Kind regards,

Alejandro.

I made a new playlist on iTunes and when I dragged some songs to it, the playlist disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.