Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error msg when starting

Sometimes, when I shut down normally and later power up I get:

"Your computer was restarted because of a problem."

The "problem details and system configuration" message is quite long. The first two lines of it are:

{"caused_by":"bridgeos","macos_system_state":"shutdown","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 4.4 (17P4281)","timestamp":"2020-05-08 19:18:23.00 +0000","incident_id":"FFE9DAA0-665E-4578-95EE-396CA9A4B538"}

Any thoughts? I have no other problems.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 9, 2020 7:39 AM

9 replies

May 29, 2020 11:12 AM in response to lahebr

Download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the Etrecheck's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine what might be causing the problem.

Jun 23, 2020 3:10 AM in response to John Galt

Hi there,

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this error, I was preparing to fully wipe my machine and re-install the system but I thought I'd just check to see if anyone else had an issue by search on google, which has led me here. I find the error popping up once I've booted up my machine, but it also pops up if say I've left it for a little while and the screen goes black and then I need to click the mouse button to wake it up and log back in. Even though it says it's restarted the machine, I'm pretty certain it never actually does.

I don't really want to upgrade to Catalina because the first time I did it when the upgrade came out, it really screwed up my machine big time and nothing worked properly. I had to wipe it and reinstall Mojave. Also, I have old software that I still need to run, which won't run on Catalina.

Anyway here's my attached crash log if you can tell anything from it please.

May 29, 2020 4:10 AM in response to Richard Hicks

I have the same problem. I use a Minimac 2018, Mojave 10.14.6. I updated to the latest security update a few days ago (may 27 2020). Still crashes upon shutdown: "caused_by":"bridgeos","macos_system_state":"shutdown","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 4.5

Very irritating Apple can't fix this... It all started with an earlier security update this month.

Jun 8, 2020 6:32 AM in response to Richard Hicks

I'm getting this as well as shown:

"bridgeos","macos_system_state":"shutdown","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 4.5....".

every time it happens (daily) I send report to Apple. After searching online, it looks like this is a known issue but it looks like they are not putting efforts into repairing it-- likely because this is an older operating system and they want us to upgrade.

Jun 24, 2020 5:25 PM in response to kena1uk

kena1uk wrote:
Memory Module: BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0, 16 GB, DDR4, 2667 MHz, Micron, 16ATF2G64HZ-2G6E3
Memory Module: BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0, 16 GB, DDR4, 2667 MHz, Micron, 16ATF2G64HZ-2G6E3

Is this stock RAM or 3rd party? Maybe Crucial?

You also seem to USB devices

USB Device: LaCie DVDRW USB

Maybe a USB mouse (not sure, if the Bluetooth Mouse and keyboard looks like USB devices)

USB Device: USB2.0 Hub
USB Device: Keyboard Hub
USB Device: Apple Optical USB Mouse
USB Device: Apple Keyboard

Is this also an external disk. Maybe another LaCie drive?

USB Device: P9237 Desktop

Anyway, I think the iBridge is related to the USB device, so I'm wondering if there is an issue with an external USB device.

Jun 26, 2020 6:35 AM in response to BobHarris

Hi There,

Thanks for taking a look at my error data.

The memory in my machine is what Apple installed when I bought the machine online, so its not 3rd party.

My mouse is an old USB Apple Mighty Mouse and a USB Apple Keyboard. The mouse is plugged into the keyboard and then the keyboard is plugged in to a D-Link USB2 Hub.

And yes the USB Device P9237 is a USB3.1 6TB Lacie Hard Drive.

After you mentioned about the possible USB device problem, I did a lot of testing plugging and un-plugging USB devices. At one point I thought I had narrowed it down to my D-Link USB2 Hub or a device attached to it, but no luck there. It just seems to be quite random. Sometimes on startup the message will appear, sometimes it won't.

I bought this machine around this time last year and I never used to have a problem. It only started after doing an Apple security update earlier this year.

Error msg when starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.