Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Output not playing on either iPhone or paired bluetooth speaker

How do I change my settings so that my iPhone (XS) audio plays on my bluetooth speaker? My speaker is already paired and I'm not getting audio on either my phone or the bluetooth speaker, after it is paired.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on May 9, 2020 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 7:33 AM

Try forgetting the Bose on the iPhone and then resetting the Bose. Then try pairing it again with the iPhone and see what happens. I wonder if there is an issue with the Bose being paired to more than one thing and functioning. Especially since you report it being paired to the Alexa. I just wonder if the Bose cannot be paired to the Alexa and iPhone at the same time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 7:33 AM in response to HKravitz88

Try forgetting the Bose on the iPhone and then resetting the Bose. Then try pairing it again with the iPhone and see what happens. I wonder if there is an issue with the Bose being paired to more than one thing and functioning. Especially since you report it being paired to the Alexa. I just wonder if the Bose cannot be paired to the Alexa and iPhone at the same time.

May 9, 2020 5:43 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

thanks Chris, I’m having trouble getting audio to play from any place (e.g. my Facebook videos, my tune-in radio, etc) on my iPhone to my Bose Bluetooth speaker. I’m connected via Bluetooth on my settings.

I can play my Alexa echo device on the Bose, but nothing from my phone.

Note that I CAN play from my phone into my Phonak hearing aids thru the Bluetooth hearing aid connection.

Any other ideas? There’s something odd going on directly between my iPhone and my Bose Bluetooth connection.

Audio Output not playing on either iPhone or paired bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.